Εὕρηκα!

Today I eventually found out da reason y my legend function was inavailable. Close scrutiny revealed that ther were overall three files which definited da function itself, different from each other respectively. I attempted to force all of da three versions to come to agreement according to Goddard’s, yet da function still simply refused to run. I started to suspect if da definition by Goddard would b problematic.

When I finished reading its explanation within da file, all came to enlighten me! It reads

NOTE: This procedure is *deprecated* because IDL 8.0 contains a LEGEND() function written in IDL. Both can be used provided that the one found later in one’s !PATH is explicitly compiled in one’s startup file. However we strongly recommend the use of AL_LEGEND, which is identical in use to LEGEND. legend.pro will eventually be removed from future releases of the IDL Astron library.

This procedure makes a legend for a plot. The legend can contain a mixture of symbols, linestyles, Hershey characters (vectorfont), and filled polygons (usersym). A test procedure, legendtest.pro, shows legend’s capabilities. Placement of the legend is controlled with keywords like /right, /top, and /center or by using a position keyword for exact placement (position=[x,y]) or via mouse (/position).

No wonder would I fail to exploit da legend function! It had been deprecated according to da Goddard’s file! After deleting d other files which contradicted IDL 8.0’s definition, I had da legend() function work again! 🙂

Nor has da problem been entirely tackled. I realized that combinations of scripts, perhaps inappropriately, removed da functions of TexToIDL. For instance, if I intend to display Greek words or symbols, only da first Romanized letter would appear. Ther may well be some conflict between these lines.

Well, something beyond, today I played a pick-up match against Đội Tuyển Bóng Đá Việt Nam with da university soccer team. For consideration of my convalescence, da coach arranged me as a substitute. We scored an opener at da first half, yet had to b forced to draw soon after da second half due to lapses between our back n da goali. Facts hav proven that it wouldn’t be anything serious, for we resumed fierce attacks with harvest of two more scores. I substituted da goali at around 75-min. Quite relaxed around my area, I received few threats. Da referee whistled d end of da friendly match, n da match board fixed at a victory of 3-1 against Đội Việt Nam.

Judging from today’s match, I think I could become da No.1 keeper soon. Despite elder than d other goalie, I’m a new comer so I must get evrything familiarized. Cố lên!

Advertisements
Εὕρηκα!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s